Today I’m sharing one of my favorite baked donut recipes with you all! I’m slightly donut obsessed. Krispy Kremes were my go-to guilty pleasure during my pregnancy, I own countless pairs of donut pajamas and I receive tons of donut-related presents from my friends for Christmas.
Not only do I love the flavor of donuts (the blueberry cake donut is my fav!), I also love the colors and the sense of nostalgia they bring. They remind me of childhood mornings after a sleepover with my friends, summer nights at the park in high school and date nights when my husband and I were first married.
Donuts are just fun, aren’t they?! I want you to enjoy them as much as I do (without all of the deep-fried guilt), so I’ve created this Best Ever Baked Donut Recipe that I really love and hope that you can share with a friend or two!
What is your favorite type of donut? I would love to hear from you in the comments!
For the Baked Donuts:
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash nutmeg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted) 1/4 cup milk
2/3 cups sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled 3-4 Tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1-2 drops red food coloring (I used Neon Pink)
Click here to receive my FREE Recipe eBook with Sugar Cookie Blueberry Cobbler, Pecan Pumpkin Bread with Maple Glaze, Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip with Garlic Cheese Toast + more!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, butter, milk, sour cream and vanilla. Gently stir the dry into the wet and mix just until combined.
- Fill a greased donut pan (I use a silicone donut pan) about 3/4 of the way full and bake for 9 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from pan or frosting.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients together until completely smooth. Add more cream to thin or more confectioners’ sugar to thicken.
2. Mix in salt.
3. Dip each baked donut into the glaze and place on a cooling rack. Top with sprinkles and serve right away.