When I was growing up, my cousin and I would bake our favorite blackberry cobbler recipe and eat the entire thing in one sitting. We added a few scoops of ice cream as soon as it was out of the oven and drizzled (poured) honey on top. Oh, the nostalgia. Such sweet moments at her dinner table with zero worries in the world aside from getting our dessert out of the oven at the perfect time.
I have been making cobblers with the original recipe for so long that I wanted to find a way to switch it up a little bit. Best decision ever! I won’t make my cobbler any other way now – this recipe wins and adds something so unique to the typical cobbler.
I have written this as the ‘easy’ version by giving the pre-made cookie dough, but keep in mind that you are more than welcome to make your own sugar cookie dough and place that on top. Just be sure to follow the original bake time for your cookies so that they completely cook through.
This recipe is from my Fall + Holiday Recipe Book!
If you would like to receive your own free copy, just enter your email here!
Pin this recipe for later!
Ingredients for Cobbler:
1 Roll of Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
1 Tsp. Honey
For Fruit Filling:
4 Cups Fresh Blackberries or 24 oz. frozen blackberries
3 Tsp. Cornstarch
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- To prepare filling, combine all ingredients in one bowl to use in cobbler recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour fruit filling into the bottom of 8-inch square baking dish or 9-inch round deep-dish pie plate.
- Drop cookie tough topping evenly over fruit mixture. If you like more fruit than crust, you may not use the entire roll of dough and that’s okay! Try to keep the cookie dough from touching.
- Bake 11-14 minutes until the cookie turns a light golden brown.
Drizzle each serving with 1 tsp. of honey and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
What is your favorite Fall recipe?! I would love to know! Join the conversation in the comments below!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook!