I wouldn’t consider us a “football family”, but when good games come on, especially the Superbowl, we’re pretty faithful to watch! However, let’s be honest, usually the most exciting part about game day is the food! This Southwest Chicken Pinwheel Appetizer is one of the easiest and most popular that I make and is perfect for Sunday’s with the family.
I love to switch up the ingredients that I put into my pinwheels. Onion and Chive Cream Cheese with turkey, ranch dressing with bacon and cheddar cheese or even avocado and smoked salmon, you name it, I’ve made it.
But these spicy, bite-sized treats are by far the most popular of them all!
If you haven’t tried these before, prepare to be addicted. It’s likely that you will already have these ingredients on hand, so it’s a quick and easy appetizer to whip up last minute, if necessary.
They are small, easy-to-eat finger foods and they’re packed with flavor. When I go to parties, I tend to try and make something that will be gone before I leave (mainly because I want to take something that people can’t get enough of.) 😉 These little guys are luckily always gone within ten minutes of my arrival.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 4-5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced (optional)
- 5 large Mission Garden Spinach Wrap tortillas or regular flour tortillas
Click here to receive my FREE Fall + Holiday Recipe eBook!
This recipe book has 15 of my favorite recipes including: Green Chile Spinach Artichoke Dip with Garlic Cheese Toast Appetizer, Best Ever Baked Donuts and Pecan Pumpkin Bread with Maple Butter Icing!
1. In a medium bowl, use electric mixture to combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, green onions, minced garlic, jalapeno and mexican cheese.
2. Stir in shredded chicken, garlic salt and pepper.
3. Divide mixture up evenly and spread over tortillas.
4. Tightly roll up each tortilla in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
5. When ready to serve, unwrap tortillas and cut into 1-inch pieces.
Recipe adapted from original at www.fromvalerieskitchen.com.